1. 'Stache's employer gave him his employer letter! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2. This is a crucial piece of our adoption paperwork that we having been waiting on for three weeks. When you start thinking about your little girl living in an orphanage three extra weeks just because of one piece of paper, it's a little crazy-making. But now we have it, which means that we can make progress with our Dossier.
2. I've discovered bullet journaling. Its early yet, but I think it might be a beautiful friendship. It's a very flexible system, which I find attractive. When I use regular planners, I use about 10% of it very intensely and 90% not at all. Some days I absolutely depend on it, but many days I don't even pick it up. The bullet journal allows for that kind of waffling. There's a good explanation of how it works here.
3. Teatime with boys continues well.
4. I've been watching a very wonderful program called The Great British Baking Show, which has been particularly inspiring for Teatime. This week I made a modified Victoria Sandwich, which is a classic British Cake.
6. I did a half recipe of this recipe. A Victoria Sandwich is usually 2 layers with strawberry jam in the middle, topped with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. My version was one layer, topped with raspberry jam and Devonshire cream. It was a lovely combination, which Munchkin and I relished. Twinkle, inexplicably, prefers his cake without cream.
7. Next week, The Morning After, a compilation of musical and dramatic scenes, opens at Covenant College. It will run March 31-April 2. Using excerpts from many different plays, The Morning After explores themes of sexual brokenness and redemption. Very worth seeing! For more information, go here or email email@example.com.