Saturday, April 11, 2015

Reading and Knitting


Reading: I'm reading The Nazi Officer's Wife on my kindle, which is about a Jewish woman during WWII. I'm finding it fascinating! Unfortunately since taking this picture my kindle has been relocated to a place that I'm sure made great sense to Munchkin at the time.

Knitting: I am knitting a cool little shawl/scarf thing. I knit (and knit and knit) a lacy border and now I'm knitting the body of the shawl. This shawl has been shall we politely say a challenge! It has the biggest lace pattern I've ever done, and I pretty much glued my nose to the chart the entire time. But I really think it's going to be awesome, which is particularly important because ...

*drumroll*

It's going to be part of a giveaway!

Starting on Monday, April 13, we are going to be doing a fundraising drive for our adoption. When we're done, we'll have a drawing and some generous donor will be getting a really nice* hand knit shawl in the mail! More details to come! Stay tuned!





*Right now, it does like kind of chewed. It's hard to see the potential, I know. But lace always looks like that before you block it. It's going to be fabulous, trust me and if you don't trust me, just wait for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment